I turned thirty this month. A decade ago I wrote this piece while i was turning twenty and i think i owed my past and future self to write about what happened when I turn thirty. Lots of things happened in the past ten years:
- I’m married.
- I’m a father of a son and a daughter.
- Work has been well. I work for the same company for the past five years which I’ve been so grateful to be part of the team.
- Basic materialistic needs have been secured.
- Travelled abroad: Singapore, Germany, Malaysia, Spain, United States, Japan, France (albeit for couple of hours of layover LOL), and Mexico. Looking back, this part went beyond my imagination.
- Figured out that the person that you think almost always right, turns out a mere human being with lots of flaws.
- Figured out that i might have mental health issues. Gratefully i grew up pretty fine which is indicated by i arrived up to this point anyway. That being said, the realization explains bunch of things i experienced when i was young.
So things have been pretty well. That being said, different set of problems arise:
- Once the basic financial needs are fixed, I noticed that money isn’t enough. The even harder part can’t be bought: healthy habit, discipline regarding food and sleep, non-toxic mindset, healthy social circles
- Prepping for retirement – one can’t work forever.
- The constant feeling of “not doing good enough” and “i can do so much more”
- I owe it to my kids and spouse to be the best possible father and spouse that i can be. That being said, parenting and husband-ing in a nutshell is continuously think that you know, only to find out sometimes later that you know nothing, humbled, learn what you haven’t known, and moving on. Whenever you think you’re a good, you’ll soon enough find out that you aren’t. Learn again. Rinse and repeat.
- Social life. This one isn’t new problem because i never been that good social life wise, but it takes a village to raise a children.
- Anxiety. Simply put I have a pretty serious anxiety problem.
- And bunch of other problem.
I don’t think the list above sums up the past 10 years, but i don’t think i want to list them all here anyway; it is combination of keeping private stuffs private and i don’t want to spent hours overthink about this piece. Just write and publish.